Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

let the fun begin

Restoring your Hydrostream or just giving it a small makeover? What better place than to show off your project. Big or small.

ccrick
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Re: let the fun begin

I left them in. Thers no foam in them and there great for running wires and cables through. Next year I'm going to mount some 6x9 speakers in them. JMO Also get rid of the stringers, there's core in the pad. :boating:
1980 Viking
150 Black Max

Topic Author
YDOC462
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

it looks like someone has cut a hole in the top of the boxes and filled with foam, i assume @ the same time they foamed up under the deck.

the stringers will be removed. i saw where someone on here did a vector and replaced the stringers and core on the pad with 4 stringers and thinckened up the hull with more layers of mat instead of coring the middle.

right now im trying not to get ahead of myself, setting small goals that i can tackle one by one. this winter i would like like to get everything cut out and grinded clean (while theres cooler weather) then ill think about how i want to and should put everything back in.

thanks everyone for the advice so far, much appreciated! :up:

ill keep yall posted on progress and im sure ill have tons of questions soon to come.
81 vector....complete restore....1991 7 pedal 200 slightly modded
ALWAYS under construction

HYDROSTREAM HELLIONS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHE8wWZsFpw

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

As long as the hull is well supported take the box-stringers out anytime. There is core under that too, I took mine out right away because I kept tripping on them.

I'm not putting the boxes or foam back in my vking, I'm keeping weight to a minimum. My vegas a has nice storage compartment where the boxes are on these v hulls that are great for a lake boat. Just basically cut them down in height and cut the tops off. Although things still slide back they will stay in the sides, I have no storage in my viper so I have to zip tie a backpack to my rigging tube to hold it in place.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Topic Author
YDOC462
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

:lol: thats awesome!!

this is gonna be more of a lake boat/cruiser. id like to have the inside as clean as possible. have the inside looking sharp to match the bad @** design of the outside. good idea with the box, ill keep thinking about it see if i can come up with something cool.

if i get going too fast i'll tie everything to the cooler, it ll have plenty of weight to hold alot in!

thanks again

cody

HYDROSTREAM HELLIONS

Topic Author
YDOC462
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

worked for about 1.5hrs today before work. no crazy progress but was able to get the tunnel cut out and the drivers side core up.

the tunnel had resin poured about an inch thick in some spots, that was a lil trouble cutting through but not too bad.

the core was so rotten i used a broom and dust pan to pick it up :D .

got my first taste of fiberglass iche! :x

tomorrow i plan on getting the passenger side core up and in between the stringers.

HYDROSTREAM HELLIONS

varmint1
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Are you keeping the seats that came with the boat, are gunna trash them. I'm tearing the core out of mine and it's a pain, just wish mine was rotten like yours.
81 Varmint 2.5 Mag 3
82 Vandal Merc 85
76 Viper Merc 150
84 Valero

Topic Author
YDOC462
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

i had planned recovering the seat molds that were in the boat, but when the guy i got the boat from came up to do the swap he didnt have them with him. i guess he decided to keep them for the vulture. so ill be putting new seats in when i reach that point.

the last stream i had someone had bonded plywood down over the core for a quick fix. it didnt look like it was going to be fun to deal with, so im thankful i have the rot i have.( prolly just jinxed myself for anther big problem later down the road. lol)

there was a small spot of core still intact that i used a 12" prybar and hammer to chisel it off. using the prybar as a scraper too. not sure if thats the best but it worked for me

HYDROSTREAM HELLIONS

varmint1
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

I hope your recore is going smoothly, I hope to make more headway tomorrow. I needed another seat to rebuild for my project when I get that far, thats why I was asking what you you were doing with them.
81 Varmint 2.5 Mag 3
82 Vandal Merc 85
76 Viper Merc 150
84 Valero

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

I use a heavy 4 foot prybar a lot for demolition.

Cold water helps the itch, baby powder a tyvec suit taped shut and goggles are a good idea while grinding.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Topic Author
YDOC462
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

worked for about and hour today and got the bulk of the core out. now passenger adn driver side is out plus in between the stringers. only hard spots were where resin was poured on thick and a couple of small spots where core was intact, but very minimal

heres some of the thick resin i removed. was able to get a pry bar underneath and pop it off

both sides of stringers and in between on pad core is removed

havent got up under deck in bow yet, removed what i could reach

this is the side, kind of blurry sorry. im a lil confused on all the layers

this is close up. you can see where the floor was attached underneath at the dark areas. how many layers do i remove here? is there wood under here somewhere? i planned on trimming all this off. right? its pretty thick with several layers built up.

another area in question. in the middle of the pic u can see a laminate layer (lightercolor with cross pattern) in between where the core was and outside layers over floor. do i remove or just grind?

this is the drain hole. its pretty tough to get out. tried prying it with no success. do i just cut with sawsall down back?

HYDROSTREAM HELLIONS

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post