Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
BadCompanyYT
The new guy
The new guy

I semi new to the HydroStream world. I have read just about everything there is on the internet about Streams, and after that felt that i was prepared to go out and find a Stream of my own. I am located in upstate NY and looked at EVERY stream for sale in the area. I looked at a viper that somebody had sprayed clear coat on... to a Vking that had DEEEEEEEEP cracks, not just in the transom but also on the pad. everything i looked at scared me off. Finally i found a website called SITE MASH, it lists every HydroStream for sale on Craigslist and EBay. I sent emails to just about Every listing asking for more information. finally I found the HydroStream i was looking for, a 1987 HydroStream Vking YT. I emailed the owner and asked for basically a life story of the boat, he was more than willing to reply as well as add more photos. After a lot of talking back and forth i committed to driving 17 hours to minnesota and bought the Stream i was looking for. I have pictures posted in my album and will have more on the way soon.

I am sure that i will have many questions for you experts and possibly advice from my experiences.
1987 Hydrostream V King YT hull

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: newbie

Hello and welcome to HSF. :mrgreen:

I thought that vking looked familiar. It had been on craigslist on and off for some time now if I remember right. Awsome looking stream for sure.

You sure went a ways for it. Then again, I did make a 1300 mile trip from Minnesota to S. Carolina to get my vulture. :boating:
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

Keuka Vegas
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

BadCompanyYT wrote:I semi new to the HydroStream world. I have read just about everything there is on the internet about Streams, and after that felt that i was prepared to go out and find a Stream of my own. I am located in upstate NY and looked at EVERY stream for sale in the area. I looked at a viper that somebody had sprayed clear coat on... to a Vking that had DEEEEEEEEP cracks, not just in the transom but also on the pad. everything i looked at scared me off. Finally i found a website called SITE MASH, it lists every HydroStream for sale on Craigslist and EBay. I sent emails to just about Every listing asking for more information. finally I found the HydroStream i was looking for, a 1987 HydroStream Vking YT. I emailed the owner and asked for basically a life story of the boat, he was more than willing to reply as well as add more photos. After a lot of talking back and forth i committed to driving 17 hours to minnesota and bought the Stream i was looking for. I have pictures posted in my album and will have more on the way soon.

I am sure that i will have many questions for you experts and possibly advice from my experiences.

Welcome aboard :up: Where abouts are you in upstate NY I am in the Finger lakes Region Keuka Lake

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

I have also seen that boat listed, it shure looks good!
Welcome!
I got lucky and got my viper from a buddy and my vegas from work.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

sjoil
The new guy
The new guy

okay ! bur i like your boat with locations .
----------------
EDIT: LINK REMOVED! Potential attempt to spam. Please see - http://www.hydrostreamforums.com/rules/index.php#rule3
Last edited by sjoil on Dec 30, 2012 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Link removed due to posible spam -Hippie459MN

LSaupe
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

BadCompany YT:

How was your first year with the new ride?

Rut311969
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Great looking boat . Mashed is sweet isn"t it check it out guys it has everything boat bikes sleds anything a speed junkie could need .Hope trip was a good one. And hopfully you got to take it out before weather changed. :up:

frogII
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

WELCOME :vking:

I believe it was in Waseca , had a 150 rude on it
looked at it once , love the colors , nice looking boat
almost came home with me , but we needed a bow rider
<> God is Great , Beer is Good , Boaters are Crazy <>

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

yup thats the one I also talked o the guy about, but ended up with the Thunderstream

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post