Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

vking + 3.0 merc

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

Re: vking + 3.0 merc

the 175 pro XS is a 2.5 opti 434 lbs

Andyhydro
Regular
Regular

Russ what do you think of a Opti 200 xs ROS (race off shore) still in the 430 lb weight bracket but 25 more horsepower and a 15" mid with the sports master gear case and higher rpm.- This would be for a Vking by the way.

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

limited production ,if you can even get one,big bucks about $18,000 :o and NO warranty BUT other than all that its a nice motor

Andyhydro
Regular
Regular

Wow what a price tag!! That sure aint happenin.
What would you suggest for someone looking to hit 90s?

Topic Author
fla.viper
Regular
Regular

my 3.0 is not an opti-pop its a 3.o 250hp effi 2 stroke blue water series off shore motor i would post a pic , but i dont know how to shrink them to fit. this motor has run flawlessly for three years, since its reconditioning. it pushes my sea bird 46mph at 4200 rpm with an aluminim prop. i get no more top end from 4200 to 5600 rpm i go 12 to 40 miles into the atlantic, never had to call seatow. im thinking raceing lowerunit, light weight flywheel, and what other up grades i can find. then dont blink. cuz ill be gone
mike aka fla.viper

S P E E D
Regular
Regular

You know, I got alot of negative opinions when I was building my Vision with the big white thing out back. People said it would porpus badly, they said it would be way to uncontrollable at high speeds, and I also got the "Why bother" attitude. After building the boat with a 455 pound Motor out back on the 16 foot Vision I never had any of those issues. Dont get me wrong here, if I was building a race boat I would have been more weight conscious.

I cant see why the motor would be a bad thing. Sure there might be some more traditional motor routes to go with, but **** what happened with stepping outside the box a little. I say put whatever you want on the thing...cause ultimately in the end your the one driving it.
1993 Hydrostream Vision aka Project "HydroSCREAM" SOLD
1979 J-Craft Pro Ski SOLD

Andyhydro
Regular
Regular

I appreciate the input speed! I have run into a little bit of the why bother attitude when it comes to the heavier new engines. But like I said in a previous post ...We can't rebuild old ones forever. It might be fine for some of the older members who don't have to care about the future, but for little ol me, I still have 50 plus years of boating ahead of me. I thought why not get into the future now.

The way I see it for me at least is- I'm not racing....just a nice 85 plus V king ride out on the lake. I figure if your going to put weight on a stream, vking is the one to do it with. After all....Isn't that the reason for their creation?

With the traditional 2 strokes banned opti and equivalents are our only option with regards to new 2 stroke engines right?
That being said I havn't made up my mind yet. Just testing the waters with various peoples opinions.

Topic Author
fla.viper
Regular
Regular

im building the transom,stringers, and core to withstand the extra power. i run on the intrecostal water way in fla. unless i go 20 miles up river i wont find any "glass" **** ill be lucky to get anything less than 3ft chop. i like speeds opinion. im running the next generation (mabey last) of 2 strokes. performance parts mabey expensive now, but your 2.5 and 2.4 will soon be outdated. then you will wish you had a 3.0 on your viper.
tx mike aka fla.viper

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Speed makes a great point and thinking outside the box sometimes has great rewords. With that in mind I would take a look at the etec too, they have great power and seam to be in the shop a little less.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Andyhydro
Regular
Regular

Great! Thanks for the heads up....the etec any lighter? ....that would be thinking outside the box for myself anyway lol.....always been a merc man but I'm open to new things. That being said speeds rig looks bad ***! I heard earlier optis were in the shop quite a bit....what about the ones made in the last 3 years?

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post