Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Guess Ive not learned my lesson

Have questions about fiberglass, gel-coat, or core repairs well as composite questions?

Topic Author
STREAMFREAK
The new guy
The new guy

Guess Ive not learned my lesson

Maybe its me or my kid but Im on the down side of a core job on my vector and just laying core now and my son emails me a ad for a Vaserette with no motor. It looks interesting and fairly clean but missing the original interior. Its a 88 and Ill assume itll need a core and floor. I have not looked at it yet but want to know before I go see it. I read its the same bottom as the Vking just different top thus giving me the front seat area for the kids which is my attraction. So here is my question? Is the pad area and core the same as the older Hydrostreams or did the core change any with better design and materials? Are they all the same in crappy building materials with the Pipcorn era streams? If I buy am I assuming the same job as my Vector?

VultureNo2
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Re: Guess Ive not learned my lesson

Hey Streamfreak,
Each boat had a slightly different setup for core. I am not familiar with the Vaserette specifically, but the VKings core did not come up as high on the sides as the Vector's. I would assume you are looking at a complete core job. I wouldn't get into an older stream without doing all the core replace work first. Sounds like a great project boat though. Good luck with it and post some pictures if you can.
Bill

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post