Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

VECTOR RECORE

Have questions about fiberglass, gel-coat, or core repairs well as composite questions?

Topic Author
STREAMFREAK
The new guy
The new guy

VECTOR RECORE

Ok so Ive started my recore process and am starting to get some questions not yet answered from the countless hours reading the forums and everyones recore posts. I started pulling the interior over the weekend and cut a section of the floor last night to find a soaked core like a sponge and not even stuck to the outer skin. Im thinking once Ive got the process down of cutting it might be a easy removal but laws of average say probably not. So I see my core starts at the glass stringers and go out about 2 feet ??? Then Ive also seen some that have said core is also up into the outer wings under the air boxes on the sides ? Im planning on cutting the boxes out but originally hadnt planned on putting them back in as Ide like the extra room. So if I cut them out is that gonna effect the strength ? Or maybe cut them half way as a storage box or the other option was to put a stringer of sorts along where the outside of the box should go ? My other big question is that Im not planning on replacing the carpet but am looking for other options for floor covering. Im thinking floor paint ? Ive heard of some using bed liner but the ide of black floor doesnt appeal to me or the heat of summer burning my feet. Any ideas here ? Im on a budget but plan on doing it correctly.

aaron78viper
Regular
Regular

Re: VECTOR RECORE

STREAMFREAK wrote:Ok so Ive started my recore process and am starting to get some questions not yet answered from the countless hours reading the forums and everyones recore posts. I started pulling the interior over the weekend and cut a section of the floor last night to find a soaked core like a sponge and not even stuck to the outer skin. Im thinking once Ive got the process down of cutting it might be a easy removal but laws of average say probably not. So I see my core starts at the glass stringers and go out about 2 feet ??? Then Ive also seen some that have said core is also up into the outer wings under the air boxes on the sides ? Im planning on cutting the boxes out but originally hadnt planned on putting them back in as Ide like the extra room. So if I cut them out is that gonna effect the strength ? Or maybe cut them half way as a storage box or the other option was to put a stringer of sorts along where the outside of the box should go ? My other big question is that Im not planning on replacing the carpet but am looking for other options for floor covering. Im thinking floor paint ? Ive heard of some using bed liner but the ide of black floor doesnt appeal to me or the heat of summer burning my feet. Any ideas here ? Im on a budget but plan on doing it correctly.
I have had similar thoughts as you for the foam float boxes. i cut mine out of my viper that i am working on, and i plan on putting small stingers on the outer edges to replace any strength lost, however i am using it for strage also. for floor covering, i hear a lot about awl-grip. you can gelcoat the floor with the non skid additive (awl-grip) this might be my plan as well. I find expresscomposites.com very usefull for planning my rebuild. lots of stuff to choose from there

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

aaron78viper wrote:I find expresscomposites.com very usefull for planning my rebuild. lots of stuff to choose from there
Plus they like us guys here. Tell em you head from them here. They will take awesome care of ya and answer any question you might have.
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

VultureNo2
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Hippie459MN wrote: Plus they like us guys here. Tell em you head from them here. They will take awesome care of ya and answer any question you might have.
:agree:

I'll be talking to them this week also. Bill

YDOC462
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

placed an order with em yesterday.....great people :up:
81 vector....complete restore....1991 7 pedal 200 slightly modded
ALWAYS under construction

HYDROSTREAM HELLIONS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHE8wWZsFpw

• Random Topics