Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Looking at mint '89 Vegas XT

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Keuka Vegas
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Re: Looking at mint '89 Vegas XT

yeah the owner emailed me the other day and sent me like 25 pics of it nice shape but the distance and $$$ arent right for me think the wants $16k and he is in MT....might be a good boat for someone out there though

Keuka Vegas
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Re: Looking at mint '89 Vegas XT

JWW wrote:Posted some of this information in another unrelated post, but now it's decision time. I'm looking at a very well cared for '89 Vegas XT with '89 Merc 200 XRi, hydraulic jack, CLE gearcase, trim on wheel, foot throttle. First owner added bow tank and ski tripod. Boat looks like it's only a few years old. No rot in the wooden seat bases. All original. No hull damage. First owner kept the boat in a barn between uses, second owner kept it on his covered lift. The rear corners of the splashwell do have the typical small stress cracks. I have not tested the transom yet.

Question: MUST I assume the core is shot? Is it at all possible this boat could be dry and undamaged?
If I have to assume it needs a re-core, who's the closest GOOD rebuilder near south west Michigan? What is a good price for this boat, assuming it possibly (probably?) needs work?
Thanks in advance,
JW

Really like this boat wonder where it went is it still 4 sale??? :up: :up: :up: Yeah I know this post is OLD.....Love the boat though

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post