Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

No Jack plate on 86 Vegas

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
love Hydrostream's
The new guy
The new guy

No Jack plate on 86 Vegas

Hi the Vegas that I'm going to buy has no jack plate the motor is mounted solid to the transom is there any problems I should look for and do I need a jack plate ? But I see that in a picture the Vegas skier boat the motor is solid mounted to with out a jack plate . I beleve that there is transom savers on the Vegas that I'm going to buy . I've been save sence I've been 12 years old or so to buy a hydrostream and I'm 37 now I'm not looking to go fast . Ive been in in a lot of Streams and my one famliy member like to play around pretty hard and we play on the WIS river and some time we get some big white caps so I've fell out of his vegas at slow speeds but his has a jack plate he bought his brand new and he has a big Rude for a motor on his vegas .I've drove his boat a few times but not fast . and my friendTom has a Venus black and silver fastes Hydrostram on Castle rock lake . but I'm scared I would ask one of them to come with to check the boat out with me but on is a farmer and Tom cant take off of work . but the owner is taking me out on the water for a test ride I can live with out a jack plate and just with power trim @ tilt . thank s for any info .

Surface Scratcher
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Re: No Jack plate on 86 Vegas

Wow, where to begin, but first, what's the motor and prop your running?

Of course you don't need a jack plate unless your wanting more top speed , but then you will also need other accessories like a low water pickup and an appropriate prop.

From what I've read, the more set back the faster. I have 4.5 in. jack on my XT but Viper77 has 12 inches and his top speeds are considerably higher.

This article from Stream.org talks about an Xt without a plate. Enjoy :up:
http://www.hydrostream.org/TechTalk/VegasMercOpti175.htm

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Yep I ran 12" on mine but I thought my hull might be a little heavy from being water logged. I found out today my boat minus powerhead weighs 1422lbs. i will be looking at recoring and removing the foam and reweigh it.

Mine came with a 200 merc, no jackplate and a 25pitch high five prop. It was a blast out of the hole and midrange but lacked top end, all I could get out of it was upper 60's low 70's. With 12" setback a 27 srx and a lot of rpm I was in the upper 80's.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Topic Author
love Hydrostream's
The new guy
The new guy

Thanks guys .you are awesome !and this forum is great and great people ! :boating:

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post