Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Gelcoating a V-King

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
Streamin Again
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Gelcoating a V-King

Has anyone ever sprayed a V-King with gel? I'd like to know how much you had to use to do hull and deck?

outasite
The new guy
The new guy

Re: Gelcoating a V-King

Plan on 4-5 gallons,depending on color and thickness.Be sure to get it on thick enough to allow for sanding,and buffing later on.

Topic Author
Streamin Again
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Since I posted the question, I've decided to go glitter flake on the entire hull. Any insite on how much .015 glitter and clear gel to use, :mrgreen: an best proceedures?

outasite
The new guy
The new guy

Try going to "fibre glast" web site.They have tons of info on how to do, and how much material it takes.Very informative site.Ive spent hours there and still pick up good info every time i revisit.I think they have a pretty good product as well.Good luck with your project!! -------Try to find the "white paper/video" part for best info.

Topic Author
Streamin Again
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Thanks for the quick response, I as well have visited their site many times, and rented a color book from them, I plan to order materials from them as the time comes. I was just trying to possibly get some ground truth from someone that has had the experiance.

Thanks,
Mark

jacklake2003
Regular
Regular

I sprayed a Viper with white gel mixed 50/50 with the Duratec additive. That stuff is great! I had very little previous experience with paint and no previous experience with gel. I sprayed it in my back yard with a Harbor Freight gun. This sounds like the recipe for failure, haha, but it worked pretty well. As for volume, I think I bought 2 gallons of gel and 2 gallons of Duratec. I don't think I used all of it, but my problem (other than bugs) was that I put it on too thin. Good luck

Topic Author
Streamin Again
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Thanks Jack,
I have a coveted chinese tool store gun as well...LOL...I've sprayed two cars with it over the years, and I must say they looked as good as any $6000 shop job. I'm good at spraying, I just need knowledge of amounts of materials to use...I don't want to run short and have to re order...."Problem with living in a very small SE AZ town" And a V-King with no water to put it in... :boating: LOL! :boating:

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post