Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

high five prop for sking

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
streamguy
The new guy
The new guy

high five prop for sking

Has anyone used a High five prop on their boat? I have a ventura 2 with 200 merc and sportmaster lu and need a prop to pull my grandson sking, have removable ski pole also which should help, have alot of different props 3 blades, 4 blades and just read some things about the 5 blade for sking. Thanks for any help or info on this matter...

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

Re: high five prop for sking

I dont know about the high 5 but none of those 4 blades you have will do the job?

Topic Author
streamguy
The new guy
The new guy

Hi, Yes 2 of them do a good job but had just read about how good the 5 blade was for water sports, sking , wakeboard , tube, etc and just thought I would ask if anyone has tried one, they say they are super smooth and pull real hard even when turning, dont know if I need another prop, have 10 now , just saw a few on ebay and thought if they are that good I might bid on one...what I didnt understand was they say what ever pitch prop you run now and if it turns the rpms you want thats what pitch you need in a 5 blade...seems like it would be alot of prop...Thanks for the reply

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

what you got for props?............. :o

Topic Author
streamguy
The new guy
The new guy

Hi RussF, Thanks for the reply, I will make a list of props and let you know this weekend, also if I can ask you I have been trying to get some rubber rub rail to go over my stock alumimum rub rail so that I dont have to pull boat apart in 2 peices, boats do strange things when you do that...I have been everwhere and the best so far I can come up with is West marine, they want 565.00 for 100 ft, which I dont need that much, it is from Taco # v11-0232. that makes it like 5 dollars a ft! any ideas? thanks

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

I know the builder of my boat got the rub rail from Hamilton marine in Maine But give me a couple days to call him and see if hes got any around

Topic Author
streamguy
The new guy
The new guy

Ok and thanks for any info on this...

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but here is some rub rail. http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/boa/2725063650.html

My vegas had a high five on it when I bough it it is a great watersport prop. They are not as efficient as a 3 or 4 blade that's why you can get away with such a tall prop. I still have the 25 pitch if your interested.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Topic Author
streamguy
The new guy
The new guy

77viper thanks for the info, they sure are proud of the rub rail at over 5 dollars a ft! think I would rther buy a prop or a performance part for the motor, never knew that rub rail was so costly..live and learn...thanks for the info on the prop also, could you email me a pic of it, morrisonsl@planetc.com and price...what hp motor were you using it on and if you can remember what rpms were at wot...thanks for any info and your help..

rev.ronnie
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

On my Venus, I run a 23 high five for sports. It works outstanding. I run with little to no trim and it has minimal torque steer. I have a 200 Yamaha with a bobs Bigfoot. I will say, it likes to be sunk real far down on the plate or it will cavitate like hell. I can run with 6 or 8 on the boat and 3 kids on the tube and plane at 17-18 mph.

Now with a 24" trophy plus prop....it totally sucks..it will take forever to plane with a load! and bow lift is so bad you can't see where you are going unless you are running 28 mph, and then the kids are screaming to slow down. Even with it all the way trimmed down, it is hopeless...and if that is not enough, it will overheat in about two laps of the lake bay.

That High Five is pretty much the only prop I run on there now. It's no speed demon and only runs in the 60's, but it works for everything, no matter the load.

Great recreation prop.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
1990 HST / 260 EFI offshore
1991 Vaserette YT bowrider 200 Merc
1987 Venus XT/ 200 Yamaha
1983 Viper II 90 Merc. triple

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post