Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

All this recore talk

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
ryansviper
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

All this recore talk

With all this recore talk, I'm getting kind of scared of the viper I just bought it's not a bad looking boat but it does have it's share of spider cracks in the gel the transom has been redone and the floor seems good but I think they just put plywood over the floor after looking closer, so what kind of money do you guys think it would cost to have a viper recored with fresh gel and might as well throw In a transom.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Re: All this recore talk

If you have someone else do it 5-10 grand. If you do it yourself about $1500 and a fair amount of time, but also the satisfaction of doing it yourself.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: All this recore talk

Here is the link to the post in my resto topic of the estimate I had gotten to do the core and transom in my vulture. Now this DID NOT include any real body work or any paint/gel what so ever.

http://www.hydrostreamforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1171#p8741

It was just over $8k and im going to say that 90% of it was labor costs. I decided to do all the structure (core, stingers, transom) work myself and so far I am right about $1100 in materials but lots of time into labor. I had a huge amount of help from Chet (77viper) and that helped big time in the labor department as mine was a nightmare from the word go as it was previously repaired by someone and they used all the wrong materials and made for a lot of extra work.

I had never done any real fiberglass work until this and I can say that its nothing close to being as hard or intimidating as I thought it would be. Some of it does suck like the actual grinding when taking the old core out to get it ready for the new core but I think thats mostly due to the fact that fiberglass equals lots of itch if you dont suit up for it right.
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views