Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Fitting a trailer to a Voyager

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
UncleBoatMan
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Fitting a trailer to a Voyager

I have a 1983 Voyager XT with the V Pad bottom. It does not sit right on the trailer.

The trailer is an old SMP with rollers down the middle and 2 bunk boards. Getting it on centered is a chore.

How is it supposed to sit on the rollers and bunks? Is there an existing design that works well?

Thanks

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Re: Fitting a trailer to a Voyager

When it's on the trailer the rollers should be just barley touching the bottom. If there is pressure on them it will throw it off center.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Topic Author
UncleBoatMan
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

After I posted, I read your "converting from rollers to bunks the easy way" Thread. I see that RUT is setting up the same trailer (almost) for his 85 Voyager.

I had the same thing in mind. I wanted to have the two long boards astride the pad, and the two short ones in the outer concave depressions ... pretty much what RUT said. I am considering making the outer boards rounded to match the shape of the hull. I want to check to see how that effects the loading.

Right now, the boat sits only on the bunks while in transit, except for the very back of the hull. That either clears the roller or ends up on it. I'm not sure which is correct. All of the other rollers are way below the keel when it is on the bunks. I just got this boat and trailer. I thought that it was mis-matched to the trailer. After seeing RUT's , I think that it was sold that way. My trailer, like his, is an SMP. Mine is a single axle.

My other option is to buy a new trailer. Sounds crazy for an old boat, but though I don't mind having boat problems, I do not want trailer problems. Does anyone know who makes a trailer that fits this hull well?

Thanks

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

The only way you are going to get a good fitting trailer is to make it yourself or have it custom made.

What happens if you don't put your trailer so deep in the water when loading?
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Rut311969
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Its really not that hard if you have someone to break some 90s on the end of some 1/4 inch steel then suspend the boat where you want it and then useing clamps put bunks on top of the 90s and place where needed clampmounts to trailer mark cut off excess steel on bottum make sure to make mounts extra long for placement purposes. I yet need to put my rollers up on the front but thats next .I well post some pis with boat on and off trailer .I"m almost done but spent last week boating :up: I"ll post bunk mesurements I think they were just 2x6 .

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post