Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Looks like I may have found a viper

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
LIvulture
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Looks like I may have found a viper

I posted a wanted ad on craigslist here in ny looking for a viper. A guy called me this morning telling me hes got one local. I was looking for one to do the whole 9 yards on ( recore transome and paint) the only thing that scars me a little about the boat is that he had his 15 year old son gut the boat and rip out all the core. I know that sounds great because i dont have to rip the core out but im worried if he may have done more harm than good. The guy wants $375 for the boat and trailer. the boat has new seats also. The price is great. i am willing to spend up to $1000 on one so im ahead of my budget quite a bit. is it worth it even though a 15 year old already tore into it? still have to go see the boat still but i was looking for your opinion because of me being a hydrostream novice. THanks guys

Steve
82 Vulture 2.5 Merc

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Looks like I may have found a viper

If he already tore it out your in good shape. Some clean up maybe and if you have to You can always build it up before putting the core down if they ground it down a lot. My next steam will for sure be something that has not been messed with after working on my vulture.

I say check it out, get some pictures, let us see, then go pick it up. Bring cash and start low on the price.

That's my advice. :D

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

Topic Author
LIvulture
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

yeah i will most likely buy it. the only other thing with the boat is the windshield is broken. i will take pictures and post them up when i look at it either friday or sunday.
82 Vulture 2.5 Merc

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

The price doesn't sound bad, if it's got a windshield it's worth $200-$300 if in good shape, emblems will go for a little over $100. Holes can always be repaired the only problem I see if it's on a roller trailer especially with no core. The bottom will have indentations from the rollers that will be hard if not impossible to get out and make the hull useless. Take a 4' level or straight edge, fixing a warped hull would be your biggest problem.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post