Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

fishing hydrostream???

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Topic Author
aaron78viper
Regular
Regular

Re: fishing hydrostream???

i like your setup in the bow there. great idea. you gave me an idea for my boat. not as simple but im gonna try to make a nice flat deck to stand on and mount the trolling motor to. but make it so i can remove it by releasing some type of anchors.. not sure how i will achieve it yet but its a thought..

Kleck
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Higher platform, one level to stand on and have the trolling motor mounted to? I like that idea. Might have to think about doing something like that. Although I'd probably need to add a step since I have about a 12" drop to the deck with my platform now.

The 24V/55lb thrust trolling motor I use really moves my 'Stream well. If I hit the foot pedal at speed 5 from a stand still it will damn near knock me over if I don't support myself.

I'm going to add some rod holders along the port side. The nice long opening underneath, along the bottom, will fit my 9' telescopic Muskie rods pretty well. Also thinking about doing something different with the rear seat. Might modify how it's setup so I can take it out and have more open deck there. Nothing too crazy or permanent. I want to be able to keep my 'Stream like it was meant to be, and be able to go from one setup to the other as quick as possible. Really does make a nice fishing boat though.

Topic Author
aaron78viper
Regular
Regular

i also thought about a adding two rear corner stands. i fish with my cousin most of the time so it would be best to have a spot in the rear for him or me depending on whos running the trolling motor. and like you it will be removeable.. because i also want to maintain the original stream underneath. glad to see someone with a similar interest on here. thanks for posting man!

Kleck
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Have you started anything on your Stream yet?

I ended up taking everything out so I could remove all the carpet and replace it. Haven't started on the rear bench seat project yet, but I gotta say I love how open it is without it. I'm going to put some swivel bases on the driver and passenger seats too and actually need to replace the wood base on both seats since they are a little water damaged. Should probably do a little upholstery work to them since some of the stitching has come loose. Couple of other small things need to be replaced or re-wired. My lights don't work I'll need them for night fishing. Maybe add some LED lights so they don't drain the battery as much.

Kind of turned into a bigger project, but the Stream needs it and will look much better when it's completed. Might even do a little body work to the engine hood and give it a unique look and repaint the entire engine so it's shinny like the rest of the boat.

I'll post some pics when I'm done. Hopefully before May 1st which is the Musky opener in Southern WI...

Topic Author
aaron78viper
Regular
Regular

Kleck wrote:Have you started anything on your Stream yet?

I ended up taking everything out so I could remove all the carpet and replace it. Haven't started on the rear bench seat project yet, but I gotta say I love how open it is without it. I'm going to put some swivel bases on the driver and passenger seats too and actually need to replace the wood base on both seats since they are a little water damaged. Should probably do a little upholstery work to them since some of the stitching has come loose. Couple of other small things need to be replaced or re-wired. My lights don't work I'll need them for night fishing. Maybe add some LED lights so they don't drain the battery as much.

Kind of turned into a bigger project, but the Stream needs it and will look much better when it's completed. Might even do a little body work to the engine hood and give it a unique look and repaint the entire engine so it's shinny like the rest of the boat.

I'll post some pics when I'm done. Hopefully before May 1st which is the Musky opener in Southern WI...
I have been workin on mine for a while now, i have a restoration thread on here. its titled new member with 78 viper. doing the core, stringers, transom, floor... basically everything. gonna be a little while before i can fish with it

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post