Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

please read and answer

The place for all general Hydrostream discussions.

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: please read and answer

So how about you put a core in it. I don't mean to bag on your dad but it doesn't sound like he is to educated in cored boats. Just doing a crazy thick lay up to get the strength of the core, balsa or composite, will add big numbers to the weight of the boat and also removes the ability for the hull to flex a little. There is a reason these boats were built this way. They weren't doing it to cut cost or make them easier to build that's for sure.

Go get your boat, get everything, and I mean everything, out of the boat and with use balsa or pony up the bucks for composite, and put the proper core back in it. Otherwise, cut your losses and give it to someone who will do it right. Your only cheating yourself and the safety of others by half assing it. Do it right out don't do it at all. Just saying...

[ Post made via Android ] Image
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

Topic Author
ConFuseee
Regular
Regular

Re: please read and answer

The Fiberglass lady just called me and told me she has balsa wood so i told her to go with that. I had no idea she had that so she is glassing my stringers and inbetween the stringers in tomarrow and i am going to pay her for that and then i am going to have her do the rest of my core with balsa and the floor with pvc board. i will take pics tomarrow and let u know the dealio. the still only problem is i'm not replacing the core under the deck ... For now. when spring / summer is over if i'm still alive i will redo up there. ;)
1976 Viper Bicentenial
Currently Restoring..

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post