Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

power tilt and trim fast pump

The place for mechanics, racers, or anyone seeking engine-related technical help.

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

power tilt and trim fast pump

iam needing to hookup a new trim pump for faster trimming up and down can i run dual pumps or can i by a better pump to make it work faster....

also anyone got a 15 inch midsection offshore preferablly for a 1995 200 2.4 mercury xri motor really wanting one baddly to put an exhaust tuner on and get my shaft length shorter to take some pressure of the transom or iam going to by a 20inch mid and fab a 15 inch up with a welder and precision cutter any ideas if making one would work i dont see why not cut reweld and reassembly
79 vector missing in action!!!!!

2006 vking center steer

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Re: power tilt and trim fast pump

If you have a single ram you can use a mercruiser pump with the plastic base. You can also use 24v up but don't use it for down.

15" mids usually go for about $2500, most people will not cut a bass mid only offshore and that will cost about $1500 from what I have seen. Tyring to make your own will most likely get yourself hurt, the top racers with all the resources still use factory mids for a reason.

Just fyi a 95 200 will be a 2.5 not a 2.4.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Topic Author
265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

oh wasnt for sure if it was 2.4. or 2.5 serial number is as follows 0g104094 maybe a 94 or 95......my pump assembly has the the two cylinders on the outside of the big cylinder on the inside got to see if it as three wires or not so run 24v on the up and 12 on the down how do i do that with a steering tilt and trim switch the cutting and fabing is what i do for a living iam a tig welder for one of the largest construction companys in the world lol the welding and cutting i could make it hold anyting for sure but will just by one i assume make me a winter project lol
79 vector missing in action!!!!!

2006 vking center steer

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Ok that is what is called a three ram trim system. I went through this just this last summer. If the pump motor has 3 wires it can be done by using solenoids rather than relays and just add a third wired to 24v and your up wire, it will speed it up but won't be crazy fast. If the motor is a 2 wire system the motor needs to be changed to a 2 wire one. I tried to make it work last year but it was a lot easier to change the motor.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post