Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Why is my motor...

The place for mechanics, racers, or anyone seeking engine-related technical help.

Topic Author
S P E E D
Regular
Regular

Why is my motor...

Well after I have been working bugs out of my motor I had a minor top end problem. If I would open it up WOT it wouldnt get up and go balls out. It would go but almost like it was 3/4 Throttle. So I tried gradually getting into the throttle instead of mashing it and it seemed to like it better but even still when I go WOT gradually it would slow down a hair then I pull an 1/8 or 1/4 out of the throttle and it pulls more then WOT. Also when I am just idling around cruising not on plane then go to plane the motor stuggles to get out of the hole and then I stop, put it in Neutral and rev it up to clean the plugs and go to plane again and it pulls better but still not like it should.

Now this weekend I figured I needed some fuel on the top end so I jetted from 60D's to 64D's Main fuel jets. Up top I seemed to have cured the WOT problem somewhat. But down low getting on plane I have to really work it to get up on plane.

It's almost like it's loading up when I am putting around and fouls up plugs, then once I go to plane it doesnt want to rock out until I stop, rev it to clean the plugs...and even then it doesnt haul *** out of the hole.

I think I might have a Coil pack going down but each Cyl plug has no signs of Fouling or over fueling. My other thought was this Offshore mid section exhaust. The two "Tuner exhaust ports" are still open, my thought is perhaps this exhaust is to big and then with the tuner holes still open when I Trim the motor down to plane the Offshore Mid Section gets submerged and it loads up the plugs with fuel choking it out.

I am putting fresh plugs in this weekend to see what happens with clean fresh plugs. My second thought was to check resistance and spec out the Coil Packs.

Any thoughts?
1993 Hydrostream Vision aka Project "HydroSCREAM" SOLD
1979 J-Craft Pro Ski SOLD

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post