Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Jet Drive

The place for mechanics, racers, or anyone seeking engine-related technical help.

Topic Author
necks
The new guy
The new guy

Jet Drive

I can't seem to find much on jet drive outboards. I know Mercury still makes them, I'm sure Johnson makes them, or did make them at one time.
I always wondered how these outboards performed, compared to the propeller models. I would think these jets should be just as good as props, as they are still being used on drag boats. Has anybody had any experience with these motors?
You can find these outboards from time to time, would they be worth the time and effort to repair or rebuild one of these motors, or do you think you are just throwing hard earned money away?
I can't say I've seen a HydroStream with a jet drive, Has anybody else? :boating:

jacklake2003
Regular
Regular

Jet Drive

I don't believe they would be as efficient as traditional outboards. I believe their primary purpose is to allow for more shallow of a draft.

RSWORDS
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Re: Jet Drive

jacklake2003 wrote: Mar 01, 2016 3:20 pm I don't believe they would be as efficient as traditional outboards. I believe their primary purpose is to allow for more shallow of a draft.
Exactly. The jet model's use a larger HP power head to meet the same HP rating. Jet drives suck up HP bad.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post