Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

82' V-King w/ 150 XP powerhead

The place for mechanics, racers, or anyone seeking engine-related technical help.

Topic Author
JRoche_83
HSF Supporter
HSF Supporter

82' V-King w/ 150 XP powerhead

Hey guys new to the site and have a couple questions about a 85' 150XP. I recently bought an 82' V-king w/ an 84' Johnson 150 and it came with a 150 XP powerhead. The powerhead runs good but I was told 2 of the cylinders have low psi (90psi) due to minor scuffing? I am taking it to my mechanic this weekend to see how the compression is on the other 4. What PSI should this motor be turning out and if they aren't within 10% of each other what kind of work (and cost) should i expect? I am currently seeing 68-70 with a 26P trophy, nose cone/low water pickup and sits on a manual jack plate with 6.5" set back. What kind of speeds can I expect with the 150XP and a prop change to a 27P OMC SRX?

Thanks guys any feedback would be great.

John

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 82' V-King w/ 150 XP powerhead

Moved to the correct section. Please make try to make sure you are posting in the correct section. Thank you and welcome aboard. :up:
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views