Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

still overheating

The place for mechanics, racers, or anyone seeking engine-related technical help.

Topic Author
fla.viper
Regular
Regular

Re: still overheating

the water pickup seal worked. i now have 10-11 psi at idle. it drops to 7 as i rev it. not sure why? ive ordered a whole waterpump assemebly. might as well start with all new parts. ill have to weight till saturday for a test run, it gets dark at 6:00 when i get out of work. thanks for all the help and suport, mike

transomstand
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

The poppet valve opens at about 1800 rpm, should drop the pressure about 10 psi
transomstand
Original owner 1975 Ventura II SE

Topic Author
fla.viper
Regular
Regular

transomstand wrote:The poppet valve opens at about 1800 rpm, should drop the pressure about 10 psi
im not sure what a poppet valve is, what it looks like, or where it is. when it drops the pressure about 10 psi, does that mean it regulates the pressuer at constant 10 psi, or does it drop it 10 psi from where it is at 1800 rpm? does the pressuer change with rpm? what pressuer should i have while runninig? i dont know if it makes a differance, but here in florida most of us dont run t-stats.
tx mike

varmint1
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

When your running the lwp also forces water to the engine.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
81 Varmint 2.5 Mag 3
82 Vandal Merc 85
76 Viper Merc 150
84 Valero

transomstand
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

fla.viper wrote: im not sure what a poppet valve is, what it looks like, or where it is. when it drops the pressure about 10 psi, does that mean it regulates the pressuer at constant 10 psi, or does it drop it 10 psi from where it is at 1800 rpm? does the pressuer change with rpm? what pressuer should i have while runninig? i dont know if it makes a differance, but here in florida most of us dont run t-stats.
tx mike
It drops it about 10 psi, to prevent excess pressure at high rpm. Thermostats regulate pressure in a stock motor, and should never be removed. Having no thermostats makes it extremely difficult to keep the block full.
transomstand
Original owner 1975 Ventura II SE

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post