Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Here's what I am talking about....

The place for mechanics, racers, or anyone seeking engine-related technical help.

silkeysak
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Re: Here's what I am talking about....

That would be interesting. Heck, in about 7-8 years maybe I could afford one made THIS year. Really, the price on new outboards is out of my range. I can just barely keep my 13 yr old looper going. Good thing for rebuilds, or I would be paddling! Making the competition more interesting might entice the aftermarket industry to do a little more for us OMC guys.

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

I hear ya, heck I have been buying parts for my 280 for 2 years and just got it together last week. We had a ranger that smoked a wingdam hard, tore a hole in the boat, ripped the gearcase off and cracked the mid. The 250 ho etec was still good so I tried to buy it to put on a taylor mid and a merc gearcase but it went for too much money.

From what I hear BRP is developing a race team but it isn't official and can be shut down at any time. At this time they are looking at dollars being spent and manpower cost to do it.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Rut311969
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Chet I"m looking to get my hands on a 250 -300 for my Hydro Cat tunnel boat .It well be this winters project . I gota finish Vector and play with it for awhile then sell it so I can fund the tunnel I had a200 on it and it drove so nice I no it can handle way more .But somebody painted it white and turquise and its fugly gonna try and get back down to the metal flake I found hiding .

silkeysak
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

77viper wrote:I hear ya, heck I have been buying parts for my 280 for 2 years and just got it together last week. We had a ranger that smoked a wingdam hard, tore a hole in the boat, ripped the gearcase off and cracked the mid. The 250 ho etec was still good so I tried to buy it to put on a taylor mid and a merc gearcase but it went for too much money.

From what I hear BRP is developing a race team but it isn't official and can be shut down at any time. At this time they are looking at dollars being spent and manpower cost to do it.
Once again, the E-tec went for too much money. Let these guys wear 'em out, and we can rebuild them at a reasonable price. Do you know if Taylor sells solid mounts to go with cut down looper mids?

Rut311969
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

You just gota keep searching and be willing to go on a road cruz .I bought my 225-05-Ho-Di for 3500$ with 4hrs onit had to goto Ga but what the hay road cruz. Guy would not ship it .Thankfully I had to deliver a sled to a guy in Alabama . I no sled Alabama? he was shipping it home to Poland . Be thankful Lars told me everything is 3times cheaper here then Poland !. Plus always willing to help aguy out if you find somthing by me I can crate and ship its all about networking I have guys all over the states from raceing Quads that help me when sellers wont ship cause there to lazy or just dont no what to do .As a matter of fact I have been looking at a Venus in Savannah Ga . Never no might be that way Silkey .

silkeysak
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Hey Rut! That would really be cool.. Is the Venus advertised? I couldn't buy it myself, but would like to see what it looks like. Maybe I could check it out for you, and give you a first hand opinion.

Rut311969
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Yes it is listed on ebay .

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post