Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Bad day

Chat about anything boating or non boating here. Try to keep it clean.

Topic Author
77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Bad day

Talk about a bad day. We got a bout 6-8" of snow last night the first real snowfall of the year so I figured it would take a little longer to get to the shop. I also wanted to get to the shop a little early because we plow our own snow and the first one to the shop gets the new plow truck the second gets the skidloader with no door and the third gets the shovel :( .
So I get my butt out of bed 45 min early so I could grab some sandpaper out of my shop and have plenty of time to get to the shop. I let the dog out on his cable and after 5 min I go to let him in and part of the cable is there but no dog, now it's cold and windy so the new snow is blowing all over. I get in my truck so I can cruse the neighborhood looking for the little bastard and I see him in the back of my yard so I shut the truck off and go to get him. He see's me running and then it's game on for him he takes off running. I get back in the truck and now the batt has a bad connection and wont start. When I parked it I left it in about 10" of snow and as I get in and out trying to move the batt terminal my boots are filling with snow. By this time one of the neighbors see's me trying to catch the dog and lets his dog out. This helped 'cuse scratch wanted to play more than he care about being cought.
So 1 hour later I get scratch back in the house and call the boss to let him know I'm running late. Once I get to work I grab the shovel and get all the sidewalks done and go inside. Once I get in the parts guy asks for my help, I go up front and see water on the floor. One of the hoses sprung a leak in the can so I get to fix it.
The rest of the day at work went ok but I knew I had to come home and get the snowblower out and clean the driveway. I went and worked on my boat after work for 1 hour and came home to blow snow. Well A smart guy would have made sure the blower was running in the fall but I have been busy with the viper. Yep the dang thing wouldn't start and there is a huge drift in front of the shop so I didn't want to drag it in there. I pulled the float bowl off and found some ice in there so I pull it off and clean the carb in my kitchen. It started but wouldn't run past about 1500 rpm. I spent about 1.5 hors trying to get it running but no luck.
I just said screw it and came in the house.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

ccrick
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Re: Bad day

See what winter does! lol We got lucky and the big snow missed us. Glad ya found the dog
1980 Viking
150 Black Max

frogII
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

recommend the next time it snows

call in sick , kick the dog into the garage , go back to bed
<> God is Great , Beer is Good , Boaters are Crazy <>

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

frogII wrote:recommend the next time it snows

call in sick , kick the dog into the garage , go back to bed
:agree: Thats what I did. :up:
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

Topic Author
77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Well now I'm off till February so I can take my time.
Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

That sucks. I know what its like to be temp out of work but I went and did some big spending and then lost my contract (With no warning what so ever) so I was not only out work for 3 months, I almost had to sell the boat to keep my other stuff and pay for a baby I had just a month after loosing my contract. Was scary times but I managed to do it some how. lol

See your resto thread too. :up:
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

• Random Topics
    Replies