Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Boarding Ladder for Vegas XT

Chat about anything boating or non boating here. Try to keep it clean.

Topic Author
sellgell
The new guy
The new guy

Boarding Ladder for Vegas XT

l have managed to hold off drilling any holes in my Hydrostream Vegas XT, however to keep my marriage I need to install some kind of boarding ladder. My wife does not want to step onto the outboard engine anymore to get into the boat. Does anybody know of a very cool boarding ladder....some kind of "go fast boat" type step and grab rail, that will match the hydrostream and not look ugly, but actually be functional. Anybody ever installed anything to get into the Stream.

RussF
HSF Lifetime Supporter
HSF Lifetime Supporter

Re: Boarding Ladder for Vegas XT

someone had one on Craige List Flint Mich set of swim plateforms teak kind for your boat
Last edited by RussF on Mar 25, 2012 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rut311969
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Yep they make em hard to come by though will keep my :shock: open for some . My Voyager has a single step down on the left side but ya got be nimble to use it.

77viper
HSF Supporting Vendor
HSF Supporting Vendor

Samari on s&f
Chet Olson

75 viper 2.4 200, 130 shot of NOS
91 vegas loaned out
79 vking project 2.5 280

Topic Author
sellgell
The new guy
The new guy

Thanks to all that replied..........I did look at the E Ladder from R&R and also found simular type from Bob's Machine Shop..........thanks for the tip, I will check them out. I am just concerned that this type might rattle when in the up position, under speed. I will ask how tight the machining is and if they rattle.

Rut311969
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

There is a set 4sale on Flint Michigan craigs list for 80$

Topic Author
sellgell
The new guy
The new guy

I checked out those hydrostream swim steps on Craigs list............no way. First they are teak wood and the mounting is for a vertical transom.....my Vegas XT has a very sharp rake ......like a 45 degree angle, so no way to mount, without a bracket with a custom angle......but teak wood on a James Bond boat......if I bought them I would have to sell the Stream and buy a "tuna boat".

Question....what ever happened to Jim Contzen. He moved his operation to the South-East and then fell off the face of the earth. I tryed to ask him for a solution to my boarding problem. If he would be able to offer a boarding ladder or custom build something into the transom for me. Not a word. Is he still alive? So if anybody has a solution to my search for the perfect "boarding ladder" which will work in this awesome go fast craft. Any ideas..........or I boat alone this summer.

Varigeo
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

I am interested in the ladder style from R&R. Has anyone ever used one. Do they actually work with out having to be an acrobat? I have a platform on my Vegas from the previous owner and it has no step on it its pretty much worthless IMHO.

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post