Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

My little winter project - 1985 CM Martin Stinger SSX Guitar

Chat about anything boating or non boating here. Try to keep it clean.

Topic Author
Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

My little winter project - 1985 CM Martin Stinger SSX Guitar

So its been a few years (over 10 to be exact) since I have played guitar and recently found myself wanting to get back into. Well, I have had many many guitars come and go over the last 25 years (Have owned about 15 different guitars) but I have had this one for about 21 years now and some reason cant seem to let this one go.

Sorry for the cell phone pictures. They are not the best at all but I will find/get better ones eventually.

Here is the only picture I can find of what it looked like when I started this project. (Yes thats my little guy about 2 years ago)
Just gotta love that 1985 turquoise color. It was cool in its day but not so much now. Actually it was kinda ugly back then too. And then AC/DC stickers... Cool for about a week... AC/DC is cool dont get me wrong, but to put there stickers on my guitar... What the heck was I thinking.

Here it is all stripped down with a shot of its new color on it.

And all back together. Cleaned up all the pots and switch, redid all the solder connections, cleaned up the pick ups, and some other stuff.

After a small change of heart I swapped out the black plug socket for a nice chrome one and replaced the black knobs for white ones and replaced the long lost whammy bar with a new one.
Also, I went out and did a partial trade on an old Dean Markley amp I had for this Crate DFX-212 and it sounds awesome! 2 12" speakers, 3 channel with DSP effects.

After 10+ years of not playing I cant believe how crappy I have become. I have forgot about 90% of the stuff I used to know how to play and play well. Its like I am starting all over again. I cant play super fast anymore, my fingers are slow as molasses now but I am having a blast and have been wanting to do something with this for years now and get back into playing. And that time is now.

In a few months I am planing a few more upgrades to it like new pick ups and stuff but now its time to turn my expenses to my boat.
-Kevin
Project Vulture | Project Vector | Project Vamp | Project Vixen
The Vulture Wish List | Project CobraJet

1977 HydroStream Vulture - Worlds longest ongoing project. :eek:
1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen
1976 CobraJet Jet Boat - Outboard conversion project
1976 Pontoon - aka The Family Truckster

varmint1
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Re: My little winter project - 1985 CM Martin Stinger SSX Gu

Looks awesome Hippie, how old is your little man. They have a tendency to grow up to fast my oldest is 11, middle one is 4, and youngest is 1.
81 Varmint 2.5 Mag 3
82 Vandal Merc 85
76 Viper Merc 150
84 Valero

Topic Author
Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Turned 2 1/2 on Feb 11th. He is awesome. He sat and listened to me play for about a good half hour today with a big smile on his face and then all day it was point at it and say "Daddys Guitar" lol :mrgreen:
IMAG0441.jpg
IMAG0441.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 4036 times
That picture was taken Jan 20th. A month an a half ago. LoL He is going to be a tall kid. Then again I am 6' 2".

Here is a video from at my moms work a few weeks ago. She is trying to sell me that sectional. Its only $3500 but its got everything!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J54pSNJvqT4[/youtube]

Anyways... :lol:
-Kevin

1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen

idvette
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

Don't know what happened to my post, hope I'm not repeating myself lol...

My girls are 14, 11, 9 and 8, I know how busy they can be! I've always been a huge music fan, but never was able to play anything but cd's. I worked in the electronic field for a few years, and really grew interested in tube amps. Even went as far as buying one for my car, and competing in sound quality competitions. The car burnt to the ground last year (1980 Corvette) but the stereo was removed at the time. As far as I'm concerned, nothing sounds as good as a quality tube amp. Been thinking of ways of integrating it into the Vision....

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
1988 Canadian Edition Vision Sold
1990 Hydrostream Virage Stage 3 Turbo

varmint1
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Did you buy the sectional, lol
81 Varmint 2.5 Mag 3
82 Vandal Merc 85
76 Viper Merc 150
84 Valero

Topic Author
Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maybe once the boat and the mud truck are finished but for now I just go sit on it a lot. LoL

Here it is - Sectional

I just noticed it listed for only $2700 on the web site. Might have to bring that up to her. :pound: It would not only fit perfect in my living room, It would great also. :up:
-Kevin

1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen

varmint1
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

Just showed my wife the sectional and she wants one now, boats come first :lol:
81 Varmint 2.5 Mag 3
82 Vandal Merc 85
76 Viper Merc 150
84 Valero

Rut311969
Hydrostream know it all
Hydrostream know it all

You dont have time to sit around on the couch if that Vulture is going to see anything wet this summer besides bottum paint .Now enough couch talk lets get to glassn. :lol: No I no how hard it can be to get any thing done with the kids helping but We all wanna see theVulture fly .

265mercman
Hydrostream Addict
Hydrostream Addict

iam a big guita player myself i play with one of the last american made peavey reactors like the old johnny cash played an i push a 1969 fender twin reverb amp all orignal love music as much as the purrrrrr of good mercury :pound: got a few quitars my self iam play anything from johnny cash,jason aldean,metallica i play it all nice guitar your amp has the built in sound effects rite round about 99 of them?
79 vector missing in action!!!!!

2006 vking center steer

Topic Author
Hippie459MN
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not my video but the exact same amp. I have the crate 3 switch pedal with mine as well which is not shown in this video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvheVrb0gTw[/youtube]

I love this amp as I love to play everything from county to hard core metal and it has tons of different effects built right in. Just wish I could change effects on the pedal but I can only switch between the 2 channels (clean and overdrive), switch between the 2 level of overdrive gain, and turn the DSP on and off really. Oh yeah, Johnny Cash is one of my favorites!

I am actually going to building a guitar from scratch with the help of a good friend (That builds, repairs, and restores guitars) but wont start on that till sometime after mid summer I am thinking.

I just cant stop playing. This was a huge part of my life many many years ago and then I moved a few times, things got sold, moved again and had other priorities and everything just got set aside and every once and a while I would look at my gear and swear I would fix it up and start playing again and then I just did it one day about a month ago. So glad I did. I didnt realize how much I missed playing till now. lol

Now if I actually knew how to read music. I am alright with tabliture but thats about it. lol
-Kevin

1982 Hydrostream Vector
1982 Hydrostream Vamp
1973 Hydrostream Vixen

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views