Wondering how to post images or maybe change your avatar or maybe something else?
You can find that and a lot of other useful tips for using the forums in the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base.

To visit the HydrostreamForums Knowledge Base CLICK HERE

Boating in Virginia??

Chat about anything boating or non boating here. Try to keep it clean.

Topic Author
vectorpilot
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Re: Boating in Virginia??

Yeah, Ed Allen's was a nice place... Now all the hype is just down the road a bit, at Rockahock. Been putting in there for a few years. Nice place, they got great camping, wide ramp, slips, and some concerts during the summer country and southern rock. Rockahock is right at the Chickahominy Dam. I bought my Vector out of Williamsburg, Va. then reworked it front to back.

kytekeith
Regular
Regular

Did you replace core and stringers? Image Image This is my vector, seams to be a popular color.

Topic Author
vectorpilot
Getting my feet wet
Getting my feet wet

Yeah I replaced the entire flooring and everything. A huge pain in the butt. But a much more rigid boat afterward. Nice pics, I've got sum i'm trying to get up on here of mine. Is that a inline 6? Just curious I know a few guys that are running them. I'm running V's now. I got one modded 150 and a modded out 2.4 200. I like those seats. I'm thinkin about going with highback baja style seats in mine. Are you running a Hot Foot and steering wheel trim? I wish I had a stock windshield, I'm running the sterling windshield on mine more sleak back design. I cant tell are you running a jack plate? If so how much setback? I'm running a manual jack with 5 1/2" of setback. Anyway clean 'stream man! Always a beauty to see one.

kytekeith
Regular
Regular

That is the original 1976 inline 6 cylinder 100 HP. The only items not original are the seats. Nothing fancy about this ride yet. I am in the process of replacing the floor and core now. I am gonna try to get 90 mph with a new set up. Don't have any idea what motor or setup I will be using. If time and money alow me I will be streaming again in spring. What did you use for core and floor? Did you do it yourself? Have you seen the Minx boats? Those windshields might fit. Image This is where I am at on my floor and core. If you would like to see more I have progress pics in makeover section of forums.

kytekeith
Regular
Regular

Hey VectorPilot, hows life in Williamsburg? How about that storm, you guys get flooded? The Rapp. sorrounded my house within inches of coming in. I was in Fl. working and missed it. My neighbor moved the keywest to higher grounds for me but the stream is on blocks and nothing could be done. Isabel floated my Villan off the trailer and put a foot of water in the house. Ironic I was in Fl. during that also. All I could do both times were watch the weather chanel and hope for the best. My neigfhbor also wanted to move my RV to higher grounds but I told him he would never get it out of the yard with the ground so wet. Thanks for good Neighbors. Image The waterline is up to the rim.

vector62
The new guy
The new guy

Replying; 2 boating in VA, <Venmenous Vector here I do lot of rippin! down by HI rise bridge AKA cove in Chesp @ up on Lake Gaston got me a 83 vector had bout 6 yr now @ LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with 200 blk max blue @ white paint scheme . see u work at the yard as do I <fitter x-11 > 27 yr haven;t seen you out on the river ? but hope 2 in the summer!!!!!!!!!! :boating: :boating: :up:

• Random Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post